We offer in house training in
Paediatric First Aid
Cost: £120 + VAT
Course duration: 2 days
Next course date: (to be confirmed)
Group of 12 people maximum
Our two-day paediatric first aid course caters for emergency situations that can occur when looking after babies, young children and infants. The course is intended for those working with foundation age children, including those who work in day nurseries, pre-schools, private nurseries and play gyms, those who run before and after school clubs; and childminders, nannies and carers.
This course meets the OFSTED Early Years and Childcare Register requirements and will provide you with the skills to recognise and help with a range of illnesses or injuries whilst you wait for the emergency services to arrive.
On this course you’ll learn how to:
- Plan for first aid emergencies
- Recognise and deal with shock
- Deal with emergencies
- Recognise and respond correctly to: electric shocks, anaphylactic shock, bleeding, meningitis and other serious illnesses
- Respond appropriately to: burns and scalds, suspected fractures, poisoning, choking, and head, neck and spinal injuries
- Respond correctly to: foreign bodies in children’s eyes, ears and noses; eye injuries, stings and bites; febrile convulsions and the effects of cold and heat
- Recognise and respond to emergencies resulting from serious and chronic conditions, such as: diabetes, asthma, epilepsy and sickle cell